CPA Scholarship Fund - Policy
Donations received and tagged for “scholarships” will be tracked by the Treasurer, and added to the CPA Scholarship Fund. The number and amount of scholarships given will be determined by the current balance of the CPA Scholarship Fund. Donations may be made here.
Applicants must be current CPA members or eligible for membership. Examples of eligible persons are as follows:
To apply, eligible persons will send the following documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 10, 2020. Please include all documentation in one email, and indicate “scholarship application” in the subject line.
Graduate students in psychology or a related field.
Clergy, seminarians or religious who have an interest in the field of mental health.
Pre-licensed professionals in the mental health field, holding an advanced degree, but not yet fully/independently licensed.
Applicants will be notified regarding whether they have been selected to receive a scholarship by January 20, 2020. If they accept the scholarship, registration for the CPA conference must be completed by January 31, 2020.
- How you heard about the Catholic Psychotherapy Association
- Why you wish to attend the CPA conference
- How your attendance at the CPA conference will benefit others
- Names of those who support your application, and how you know them
- Two letters of recommendation. If the applicant is a seminarian or religious, one letter should be from their superior/vocations director and indicate permission to attend the CPA conference if a scholarship is awarded to the applicant.