Catholic Psychotherapy Association (CPA) Membership Scholarship Program 2023
An Initiative Supporting Members Through Financial Assistance and Engagement Opportunities
The Catholic Psychotherapy Association (CPA) is proud to announce its Membership Scholarship Program for the fiscal year 2023. Aimed at members demonstrating financial need and the willingness to actively volunteer, the scholarship ensures that talented individuals have a chance to be part of our community, irrespective of their financial status.
Overview of Available Scholarships:
For the 2023 fiscal year, CPA has provisioned:
- Clinical Scholarships: 2
- Student Scholarships: 2
- Academic Scholarships: 1
- Affiliate Scholarships: 1
Eligibility and Application Process:
- Who Can Apply? Both current and new prospective members based on the designated membership type.
- How to Apply? Interested candidates must complete the CPA Scholarship Application and submit a PDF containing their Curriculum Vitae and a letter elaborating on the need for the scholarship.
- Volunteering Commitment: Awarded members are expected to engage with the CPA community. They can:
- Assist in organizing local events with their Region Representative.
- Contribute to a Special Interest Group (SIG).
- Join and aid a board member’s committee, be it membership, journal, conference, webinar, treasurer, speakers, or ethics.
- Support CPA staff in various roles.
- Volunteer during the CPA conference.
Applications will undergo a review by the Membership committee, with winners being chosen through a majority vote. This ensures a fair and transparent selection process for all applicants.
The deadline for submission is September 15th, 2023. Applicants will be informed of the decision by September 30th, 2023.
Membership Types & Descriptions:
- Clinical: Applicable for individuals with a graduate degree in a mental health field. This category includes Psychiatrists, Psychologists, LPCs, Social Workers, MFTs, and Affiliate therapists.
- Student: This is tailored for those enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs in the mental health field, social sciences, philosophy, or theology. Applicants must provide proof of student status.
- Academic: Targeted at non-licensed individuals who possess a graduate degree in related fields. This includes Professors, teachers, and supervisors in mental health fields.
- Affiliate: Designed for those who don’t fit the criteria of the aforementioned categories but meet the general membership requirements. This may include non-Catholics, spiritual directors, retired clinicians, bachelor-level professionals, chaplains, and more.
While scholarship winners can reapply after three years, the emphasis will be on prioritizing first-time applicants to ensure new members benefit from this initiative.
The CPA Membership Scholarship Program is a reflection of our dedication to fostering growth, diversity, and engagement within our Catholic mental health community. We strongly encourage eligible members to apply and reap the benefits of this program.
For inquiries or more information, please reach out to Membership Chair, David Mora, at email@example.com. Let’s work together to make our community more inclusive and vibrant.