The mission of the Catholic Psychotherapy Association is to support mental health practitioners by promoting the development of psychological theory and mental health practice which encompasses a full understanding of the human person, family, and society in fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
The Catholic Psychotherapy Association acts under the following Vision and organizational strategy statement that guide our embodiment and achievement of the Mission by:
- Forming a community of Catholic mental health practitioners;
- Providing increasingly frequent and accessible opportunities for professional development and continuing education;
- Providing networking opportunities to CPA members and affiliates;
- Encouraging and supporting the presentation of scholarly work and writing integrating the Catholic faith in clinical practice;
- Working in conjunction with other Catholic organizations that directly relate to the mission of the CPA; and
- Developing and maintaining a website and other interactive platforms.
Our Strategic Plan
The following areas of strategic focus were identified via data provided in the 2022 Membership Survey.
- Build Community
- Enhance Professional Development
- Advance Scholarship & Research
- Expand Strategic Partnerships & Outreach
- Grow & Engage Membership