Integratus, the official journal of the Catholic Psychotherapy Association, is pleased to announce a special call for manuscript submissions about research and clinical practice focused on Roman Catholic seminarians, men and women religious in formation. Integratus is excited to partner with Sister Mary Patrice Ahearn, Father David Songy and Father Carter Griffin on this special call for manuscript submissions.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to,
- Interventions: Evidence-based approaches to counseling, novel collaborations between mental health professionals, religious communities and seminaries, and other interventions that enhance the affective maturity of these populations.
- Assessment: Psychological assessments of candidates and those in formation.
- Unique topics: Ethical considerations, cultural competence with candidates from diverse backgrounds, addressing issues such as psychosexual development, anxiety, scrupulosity, and pornography addiction. Addressing psychological principles from the Program of Priestly Formation (PPF, 2022, 6th Ed) and documents relevant to female religious such as The Foundations of Religious Life: Revisiting the Vision (2009).
Manuscript Submission details
- Manuscript submissions, including case studies, empirical articles, literature reviews, and theoretical, historical discussions. Authors are encouraged to follow the Author Guidelines and Submission Requirements: https://integratus.scholasticahq.com/for-authors
- Submitted manuscripts go through the standard peer review process as well as editorial overview by Sister Mary Patrice Ahearn, Father David Songy and Father Carter Griffin.
- Manuscripts selected for publication will reflect the general standards of Integratus as well as fit with this special call.
- Author(s) may submit a preliminary abstract to Integratus editors, Drs. Robert Kugelman and Jesse Fox by August 1, 2023. Email address: email@example.com
- Submitted abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words and include a title, author(s) name and contact information, summary of the manuscript idea and explicit description of fit with this special call.
Full-length manuscripts are due by December 1, 2023 and are submitted through the standard, online submission portal: https://integratus.scholasticahq.com